TO GET MARRIED IN IDAHO
Call our Marriage License line at 208-446-1491
Applicants 18 years of age and older are required to:
(Please click here for additional requirements for applicants 17 and under)
- Be getting married in Idaho
- Appear together in person in our office
- Present your government issued picture identification
- Know your social security number
- Bring your fee in either cash or card
- Cash: Monday-Friday $31 and Saturday $48
- Credit/Debit Card: Monday-Friday $32.93 and Saturday $50.44
Once we issue your marriage license to you, you will present it to the officiant of your choosing so they may perform your ceremony.
Please click here for a complimentary list of officiants.
Your license has no expiration date, witnesses are not required and there is no waiting period. You and/or your officiant do not need to be
Idaho residents, but your ceremony must be take place in the State of Idaho.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR NON-U.S. RESIDENTS
Bring photo identification from the country in which you currently reside and
visit your nearest U.S. Social Security Office to obtain a letter verifying your
social security status, and bring it with you to our office.
TO PERFORM A MARRIAGE CEREMONY IN KOOTENAI COUNTY
- You are not required to be an Idaho resident, but the ceremony must take place in the State of Idaho.
- Please click here for further instructions.
TO OBTAIN A CERTIFIED (LEGAL) COPY OF A PREVIOUSLY ISSUED MARRIAGE LICENSE
- Click here to download and print the request form.
- Mail your request and payment to:
Kootenai County Recorder's Office
PO Box 9000
Coeur d'Alene ID 83816-9000
If you are unable to print our form, please send us the following:
- Names of both parties at the time of the application
- Marriage date
- Your return address and phone number, and/or email address
- Check or money order; $3.00 for the first copy and $2.00 for each additional copy
- Visit our office and pay $2.00 for each certified copy
TO OBTAIN A DATE OF MARRIAGE IN KOOTENAI COUNTY
(April 1989-December 2015)
- Select the first letter of the groom's last name and click to open
- While holding down the Ctrl key, press F then enter the last name in the search box and enter